Saturday, February 21, 2009

Gratitude is Great




Recently, I came to the realization that I need a little more gratitude in my life. Perhaps it was when I noticed my old friend Cheryl over at Second Glantz has started a gratitude journal on her iPhone. (I poked around and, unfortunately, no such application exists for my darling Pink Lady II.) I hadn't forgotten this inspiration when I read a post by another gal I like, The Roaming Southerner. She's working on keeping up with some motherly advice and balancing her freaking funny sarcasm with some positive thinking.

Then, lucky for you, serendipity struck. Last week a "newbie" reader was kind enough to pop her head in and (I know you're going to be shocked at this) actually leave a comment! I, being the good and curious Blogger Babe that I am, had to check out her blog. She's quite funny and, apparently, has a very unique digestive system. Anyhow, I added her to my Reader and her gift showed up on my iGoogle today: Happy Friday.

Yes, I am completely aware that it is now Saturday morning as I write this. How could I miss that? I'm sitting here, glamorously dressed in my knit pjs, long robe, sexy penguin slippers with unbrushed hair and no make-up as my girls proceed to chow down on the morning biscuits and strew fake food all over the den while changing from one sparkly skirt, lacy dress, princess tiara, tap shoes, hats and jewelry to another. But isn't tardiness in keeping with the rest of my life? I hope, in the spirit of gratitude, you will find it in your heart to overlook this small, minor detail.

Regardless, I shall now find some small events from my week to recognize and share with you.

1. Last night, after a very long week, I found a burst of energy after I caught Bo ripping up a dry pull-up all over the den floor to vacuum my den. This, in turn, spread to the guest room and hallway. Just typing these words is inspiring me to dash to the linen closet, retrieve my beast of a vacuum cleaner and continue my vacuuming spree to complete the remaining rooms. I reveled in the joy that only vacuum cleaner tracks can bring to me. It was fabulous.

2. Each night this week I found the time and energy to be productive. So productive, in fact, that I actually feel like I'm (Darn it. I'm about to jinx myself.) within a stone's throw of actually being NEAR caught up. Whew. I mean, give me three more weeks like that and I'm there, baby! It's a great feeling.

3. I need to celebrate the excellence in customer service that Verizon demonstrated this past week. "The Pink Lady I" had to be put down. (Loyal readers may have noticed my above reference to the "Pink Lady II".) It all started with my overzealous desire to increase the size of my micro-SD card. This bad case of Micro-Memory Envy quickly spiraled out of control until even the most drastic of procedures could not save her. I will miss her, but her successor is doing a fine job and shows no signs of illness. The experts at Verizon did their best to save the original Pink Lady. They showed great compassion for my needs and even shipped the new Pink Lady to me courtesy overnight to minimize the emotional suffering caused by such a loss. I would like to thank them for their kindness in such a difficult time for me.

4. I wore a tiara all day Friday without anyone looking at me like I was crazy. I love my job.



With that, I shall conclude this tiny look into my gratitude for the week. Perhaps I will be good and show this gratitude again next week, perhaps not. I'm not very good at routine lately.

I hope, perhaps, I've spread the spirit of gratitude to you, dear readers. If so, please feel free to leave a comment here. Enlighten us with a sampling of your own personal gratitude, won't you?

As for me? I'm off to vacuum.

5 comments:

  1. Well, I'm grateful for the new blogs you've introduced me to with this one post alone! And that my baby boy is fever free. And that I'm typing this on my new MacBook. Whoo, I found three quickly! Maybe I'm not a lost cause after all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still breathing.

    Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful shout out! Glad your week was so productive. I always feel happy after getting some cleaning done or just catching up! I've been working on my next blog post for a couple weeks now (and I owe it to a blog reader). I will be sooo happy when that one is up and posted. Have a great week! And I'm so curious about the tiara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tiara was for a few reasons: 1) We were celebrating the 60th birthday of a faculty member who was a beauty queen in another life. 2) I have earned the nickname "Princess" by one gentleman at my school -- and when I arrived at the party sans a jeweled topper, he would not let that slide! So, I (again) dawned my tiara for a day - and loved every minute of it. We all need that privilege in life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out. :) I have been noticing a correlation between acknowledging my gratitude and my level of sour puss, LOL. I am always grateful for the rare bursts of time and energy to be productive. You didn't jinx yourself, did you? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Care to comment? Be my guest! Just remember, be classy -- not too sassy! (My young fans may be reading!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails