Friday, January 8, 2010

Wouldn’t that be lovely?

january 063 Last night, I cuddled next to BigGirl in a booth at Denny’s.  I held her under my arm and rested my cheek on her familiar sandy blonde head.  I told her that earlier, a friend of mine talked to me about her daughter that was all grown up.  She’s in her twenties.  And, I told her, I couldn’t help but wonder what it would be like when my baby was all grown up. 

“It will be exactly the same, Mommy.”

“It will?  I’ll still be able to hug you and squeeze you and kiss you and hold you whenever I want to?” I questioned.

“Yes.  I promise.  It will always be just like this.”

 

I wish she was right.

Today, I’m going to steal another bit of love while I can.

2 comments:

Care to comment? Be my guest! Just remember, be classy -- not too sassy! (My young fans may be reading!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails