Tuesday, September 1, 2009

GAME ON


This wonderful World Wide Web is such a funny place, isn't it? Whoever thought to call it a "web" in the first place had such foresight.

I mean, what intelligent woman ever predicted that men, women, kids, and teens would one day sit in front of a computer monitor for hours at a time doing little more than shifting their eyeballs from one side of their wide screen monitor to another, gently click-click-clicking their mice? Well, doing little more PHYSICALLY. What we're really doing is exploring and connecting, right? Socializing, at times?

It's funny how, sometimes, a surfing trip can feel like a vacation. A road trip, if you will. They take you places. You never know where you will wind up.

For instance, this week I've landed right in the face of two bloggy events. On most such occasions I read, surf a few links, and consider for...oh...3.5 seconds minutes before deciding it would be a shame to break such a streak of noncommitalness. (Is that a word?)

Readers, I'm proud to announce that streak is BROKEN! (Woo-hoo! I'm feeling all Thelma and Louise tonight, baby!) Here's what I'll be up to this month.

(1) NaBloPoMo. You're right. Part of me couldn't just resist an event with such a ridiculous name. It stands for National Blog Posting Month. Participants will post to their blogs DAILY for the entire month of September. Guess I'm going to have to break down and go wordless sometimes, huh?

(2) Girl Talk Thursday. I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I'm kinda girlie. Yep. It's true. I hide it well, don't I? What better event for a girlie girl like myself to participate in??? Especially when you get a personal invite from Ms. Blogger (who is also one of the "hostesses with the mostesses" of this event) herself??

So, my darling readers, stay tuned...it's going to be a busy month. After all, what else do I have to do, right?

2 comments:

  1. Woot, woot! Can't wait to read your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'll be reading. I can't commit to that..even though I just about post every day anyhow. I'd feel guilty if I missed a day and would have to get serious therapy over feeling like a failure -- again.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Care to comment? Be my guest! Just remember, be classy -- not too sassy! (My young fans may be reading!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails